Critique Monday February 17 2025
I wasn't feeling the last project so I decided to scrap it. Now I'm doing a comic.
New Artist's Statement
When I was little I was convinced I wanted to be a writer rather than an artist. I would write these "books" about little girls my age with superpowers inspired by the shows I'd see on TV at the time. I loved making them, but the "books" were more pictures thans words, which annoyed a lot of my teachers. As I got older and entered into Middle School teachers were so upset that the students wanted to read comics rather than books because they weren't as sophisticated. They saw it as the easy way out of learning how to read.
When I was 14 I was introduced to anime and manga by my best friend at the time. Once I consumed the media I never really went back. I now prefer reading comics over books, and it's because of the detail that goes into them. I don't necessarily want to be famous, but I do want to create something that brings people together and causes people to bring out their nerdy side.
Comic Summary
In this world, there are people with strange powers. Some people can read minds, other can shapeshift into animals, some can tell the future. Two of these children are named Annie and Grayson. After suffering a traumatic experience together as young children, they soon found themselves in the care of a Korean man named Yeong-gi who takes them in and puts them in a school for children like themselves so they can blend in. One day at school, Grayson's powers manifest because of his hunger, leading Annie to go and comfort him. This action causes a classmate of Annie's to follow her, wanting to make friends, much to Annie's annoyance.
What I Have So Far
So far I have half of the comic sketched out and one character information sheet done. I have also colored one of the comic panels and refined the way the panels on one page looks so you can have an idea of how the layout and final product will look for the gallery.








Comments
Post a Comment