This semester has been absolute hell. I have not enjoyed it. I have been drowning since about week 3 and it never stopped. I had to allocate most of my time between 3 demanding projects: My German Capstone, my animation short film project, and my Art Capstone. The panic attack count is around 4 at the moment. However, all is not lost, because I've been researching a lot for my capstone and I found a lot of interesting things and ideas. First up, the first character I finished one of my pieces for. Girl's fashion isn't what it used to be, and it's terrifying. If you've ever gone through a girl's clothing section in stores, you'll see many outfits for little girls with incredibly short skirts and tight shorts and shirts. The shirts will most of the time be cropped and revealing, and the dresses in the summer have the hips cut out in the dresses. These outfits are inappropriate. The power of social media and the lack of spaces for children and tweens ...
We're getting into I-don't-know-what-week-we're-in territory now. It may not seem like much, but I finished one of the line-arts and coloring for one of the character introduction sheets. I need to finish up the line art and coloring of the other figure, then do the sheet for the last character and I'm done with those. I have a checklist somewhere... Look at that little goober. Isn't he cute? I hope the artwork looks fairly consistent throughout my works...
Comments
Post a Comment