Artist Research/Statement
So when we were told we had to pick artists and art we felt inspired us I pretty much had everyone in mind already. Firstly, I want to say Tim Burton was a big inspiration, because his Gothness is what made me like the vibes in the first place. Pinstripes and curves are really cool to me.
I've already talked about the fact that my main inspiration was the fashion dolls from Monster High. Garrett Sander is the man behind the creation. I loved the style so much as a kid that I started drawing like him and now I have a weird and awkward pose style. Thanks Garrett.
If you know me then you know I'm obsessed with Attack on Titan, and if you're my mom you know I started to copy his style when I was around 14 or 15. There's just something about the way he draws faces that I just like. So I started copying it and now my style is even more awkward. Thanks Yams.
Bill Joyce was never one of those people who I tried to draw like, but I do love the detail he puts into his art. He's the guy of your childhood if you're anything like I was growing up. Weird outcast kids would flock to his stories because he was one of us. I especially like the detail he puts into the hair of his characters. It's just so fluffy.
Yana Toboso is a bit of a freak of nature with how she likes to draw Ciel, but her art is full of detailed patterns on clothing and she must put a lot of time into it. I wish all men would dress like Victorian English nobles. Just look at how adorable Ciel is here! Look at the detail! The lace!
Kentaro Miura scarred me. He's not alive anymore but his detailed art when he draws eyes and Charlotte in her princess dresses makes me happy and it's similar to what I want to go for. I essentially want it to look like pearls threw up everywhere. I want there to be so much detail you have to look at my stuff for like 10 minutes to take everything in.










Comments
Post a Comment